Eklektek is a writing repository relevant for both the diversity of the intended subjects and themes, and the philosophical aspect of thought independent of belonging. Ek is abbr for kenetic Energy; Energy stored in motion. The term lek is a type of animal mating behavior that creates a paradox within Darwinian theory... a contradiction within the "Fisherian Runaway" hypothesis explaining, among other things, the extra-ornate plumages of birds. The etymology of lek in this context is from a Swedish noun denoting pleasurable, less rule-bound games and activities, something akin to 'play'. In other fun: Logic. The smallest logic satisfying all conditions is K. Iff you enjoy weird mixed metaphors and non-sequitur then you are in the right place. Lastly, the letter K is thought to have originated from a hieroglyph of a hand, which must be found apropos to the art of writing.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The price of a quote

I just bought a book of quotes. 2,548 of them. I got them on sale for 6.99. That seemed like a good deal per quote. And it would have been alright, if the quotes were categorized... but they are, for the most part, random and unsearchable... so I will give it away as a birthday present. To myself.

I have just realized I am quite unquotable. I closed my eyes and opened the book and pointed to the middle of a page. The quote was, "we are all born charming, fresh, and spontaneous and must be civilized before we are fit to participate in society". Hmmm... let me find some better random quotes. "Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies" and "a man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her" and "whatever deceives seems to produce a magical enchantment". All unrelated?... perhaps.


I think I would like to be misquoted. Probably for the same reason I always answer untruthfully on survey questions. I think I would also like to be misunderstood. Ahhh... that should be easy enough. Nevermind (Nirvana). So, Happy Birthday to me... colon, right parentheses.

Here are some quotes that I like quite a bit, a bit Bukowski heavy:
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." Bukowski
"An intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, a sensible man finds almost nothing ridiculous." Goethe
"You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics." Bukowski
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Emerson
"If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose." Bukowski
"Start every day with a smile and get it over with." Fields
"you have to die a few times before you can really live." Bukowski
"The rich are the scum of the earth in every country." Chesterton
"Bed is the poor man's opera." Italian Proverb
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his abilities." Wilde

No comments: