Eklektek is a writing repository relevant for both the diversity of the intended subjects and themes, and the philosophical aspect of thought independent of belonging. Ek is abbr for kenetic Energy; Energy stored in motion. The term lek is a type of animal mating behavior that creates a paradox within Darwinian theory... a contradiction within the "Fisherian Runaway" hypothesis explaining, among other things, the extra-ornate plumages of birds. The etymology of lek in this context is from a Swedish noun denoting pleasurable, less rule-bound games and activities, something akin to 'play'. In other fun: Logic. The smallest logic satisfying all conditions is K. Iff you enjoy weird mixed metaphors and non-sequitur then you are in the right place. Lastly, the letter K is thought to have originated from a hieroglyph of a hand, which must be found apropos to the art of writing.

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Complaint Against Anderson Police Officers

A few days after my detainment and citation by Knight the stress of the event surfaced as anger, as humiliation, as helplessness. I replayed the event, and listened to the recording again, and I became even angrier, even more humiliated, and I felt even more helpless. And yet, I am none of those things, so what I really was... I was disappointed at the officers for abusing their power. I took my agency and self-determination back; I filed an honest, official complaint against Anderson Police Officers.

"During officer interaction, Knight searched my phone. He shared the private photos and text conversation with officer Lockwood. I could see and hear the officers looking at my phone and laughing together. As the private photos and text had no relevance to the case this sharing between officers was not appropriate." 


"The core of my complaint is;

As I was being issued the ticket Knight made comment regarding the last three numbers attached to the text, and while commenting had a smug grin that showed his true nature. He was making clear to me he had seen my photos. He is a man of low character that does not represent good policing and made that apparent on initial contact with his rude and disrespectful approach.

Sergeant Finch arrived on scene, and although more outwardly courteous did nothing more than make veiled threats while I was handcuffed. Specifically, “it’s a good thing no one got hurt.” I would like an explanation about who would have been hurt and why/how? Beaten? Shot? Slipped and Fell?

I had no interaction with Lockwood but I believe he was under obligation to refuse to participate in the sharing of my photos once it was realized irrelevant. I have no witnesses on scene but I have an audio recording that corroborates some of this statement. I would also hope there is audio and visual evidence available from the department. I am sure your department conducts itself to the highest standards of principle and accountability, so I am certain the officers will be forthcoming with the truth of the matter.

I am looking for, and expecting, nothing more, nothing less than the personal accountability of the officers and their actions. A personal apology from Knight, off the record, or an official apology and acknowledgement of misconduct would set this matter to rest.

Thank you for reviewing this situation and taking it seriously."


I received a call a few days later from an officer who stated he would be handling this complaint. I do not remember his name but I remember a specific line, "Oh... Yeah. We take this kind of thing Very Serious" I remember his tone... the way it was emphasized... I felt that if I did not drop the complaint immediately, I would face retaliation. I sent an email on the 14th to the records department stating I was dropping all complaints on all officers. Sometimes I don't have big enough balls for this kind of fight. They have guns though, and about then is when I realized this was about issues bigger than my privacy rights and feelings of helplessness and humiliation. I decided protesting in their backyard would have more validation for me, and maybe do some good in the world too. What would a police complaint accomplish? I was trying to choose my battles. However, it never left my awareness that they would most likely harm me if they caught me all alone, and thought was definitely a factor in my final choice to abandon my plan for homelessness protests in Anderson, California. A complaint against the whole department should have been filed, but again, there are bigger issues to work on.

No comments: