Eklektek is a writing repository relevant for both the diversity of the intended subjects and themes, and the philosophical aspect of thought independent of belonging. Ek is abbr for kenetic Energy; Energy stored in motion. The term lek is a type of animal mating behavior that creates a paradox within Darwinian theory... a contradiction within the "Fisherian Runaway" hypothesis explaining, among other things, the extra-ornate plumages of birds. The etymology of lek in this context is from a Swedish noun denoting pleasurable, less rule-bound games and activities, something akin to 'play'. In other fun: Logic. The smallest logic satisfying all conditions is K. Iff you enjoy weird mixed metaphors and non-sequitur then you are in the right place. Lastly, the letter K is thought to have originated from a hieroglyph of a hand, which must be found apropos to the art of writing.

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Original Intent to Petition

I have decided not to return to my experiment with homeless protest, it didn't work out well the first time and I don't feel it is worth my pain unless it could actually make a change. I am highly doubtful this strategy, alone, could do anything. I originally sent the following letter, at the end of December 2022, to every elected official email in Shasta I could find, I heard no response. I felt very alone in this fight, and I still do, but I didn't start this fight, and it is a righteous cause, so I will keep going.

Open Letter to City of Anderson and Shasta County Community;

Due to the actions of the Anderson Police Department on November 5th, 2022 I have become homeless. I was detained and issued criminal citations for sleeping and camping when I pulled off the highway on a roadtrip to Oregon from San Diego. I broke neither law and have provided such evidence to the Shasta DA. 

My rental agreement ended December 31st. I was to leave California this week (January 1st-5th) for a year-long language education course overseas, but I am now unable to pursue this dream until this case is dismissed and the order to appear nullified. Until that time I do not feel it fair to burden my friends, family, or my own community while waiting for the Shasta Courts to free me, so I am hereby giving Notice of Intention to Petition in Anderson and at the county seat in Redding. 

I am requesting an immediate remedy for my specific situation, and am also requesting a deep consideration of the illegitimacy of laws meant to punish, not protect, the citizens of California. The primary goal of this petition is that I be allowed to continue my life in pursuit of my educational and family objectives, the secondary goal is to bring awareness to the aggressive enforcement, counter-productive results, and illegitimate criminalization of sleeping. 

As it will be very cold and there is danger to my health and well-being I am also requesting any and all information concerning resources available to me as a homeless U.S. Citizen, California Resident, and now ward of Shasta County. I will not bring shelter to Shasta as it is not legal to use, so it is most important that I receive information on shelter location and availability, as well as any other resources to ensure a safe conclusion.

I look forward to being an active citizen in the community and I truly hope some good comes of my efforts. If you are a community leader or community member and wish to discuss this with me I welcome respectful discourse. 

Finally, I will say that I am terrified of being homeless in Shasta County, as much for the winter weather as the animosity I am expecting to encounter. I will do my absolute best to not break any laws that could continue to jeopardize my future plans and I would appreciate any guidance on how to address these grievances in such a way.


*
This website has recently become my repository of this battle. I hope it ends well.

No comments: