Eklektek is a writing repository relevant for both the diversity of the intended subjects and themes, and the philosophical aspect of thought independent of belonging. Ek is abbr for kenetic Energy; Energy stored in motion. The term lek is a type of animal mating behavior that creates a paradox within Darwinian theory... a contradiction within the "Fisherian Runaway" hypothesis explaining, among other things, the extra-ornate plumages of birds. The etymology of lek in this context is from a Swedish noun denoting pleasurable, less rule-bound games and activities, something akin to 'play'. In other fun: Logic. The smallest logic satisfying all conditions is K. Iff you enjoy weird mixed metaphors and non-sequitur then you are in the right place. Lastly, the letter K is thought to have originated from a hieroglyph of a hand, which must be found apropos to the art of writing.

Monday, November 13, 2023

Summary of Incident

Outline:

November 5th 2022, Sometime before 10:00pm: I stopped my vehicle at Camping World in Anderson California for an intended nap. I had been driving from San Diego, to LA, to Big Sur, to San Fran over the last few days without incident. I was within a few hours drive to my destination in Oregon (to place sentimental items of my late father for safekeeping). I was on the phone with my wife at the time and she had shared some common sense reasoning that a short rest would be better than pushing forward to my mothers house. I had wanted to have personal affairs wrapped up before the end of the year and was slightly behind schedule, but agreed with her suggestion that I rest.

A few minutes after I had parked, while still on the phone with my wife, Officer Knight of the APD pulled up behind my vehicle with only his highbeam headlights on. He aggressively approached my vehicle without identifying himself, his department, or his intentions. I demanded to know who he was, believing he was security for the business but once I understood he was an officer of the law I requested he be respectful and asked him to identify himself properly. He again did not tell me his name or his department and continued to be aggressive toward me, telling me I was not allowed to sleep there and I was required to show him ID. I responded it was private property and I had permission. He ignored my statement and again demanded ID. I believed my ID to be in my car. When he failed to show me basic courtesy I demanded to speak to his supervisor. Knight forcefully detained me for allegedly failing to identify but I had not been provided enough time to find my ID. When he became physical with me I did not resist and I demanded he deescalate. I told him I would be on my way if he didn't want me to be there. I had just wanted to get to Oregon.

I was placed in handcuffs and put in the rear seat of Knights patrol vehicle. Supervisor Finch arrived a few minutes later and had a discussion with me, which was recorded by my wife. During the conversation some threatening statements were made. During and after the conversation Knight, Finch, and another officer, Lockwood, searched my phone and looked through the contents of my pockets. My phone had images of an exposing nature on an open tab, combined with the beginning of my VoIP phone number "858". Finch attempted to befriend me, let me know I should be on my way, transferred me to Knight who indicated he had seen the images on my phone by stating 858 after asking my phone number for the citation. I was cited for allegedly violating Anderson City Ordinance 8.25.010 Sleeping, and 8.26.010 Camping. As per the citation I was required to appear on January 27th 2023 at 1500 Court St., Redding, Ca. I was told to drive 30 more minutes out of town to find a place to sleep.

November 8th 2022, I filed a formal complaint to the APD. I withdrew my complaint on November 14th after speaking with the investigating officer.

On January 1st 2023, I became voluntarily homeless in protest of my mistreatment in Anderson, and in an attempt to bring awareness to homelessness issues in America. That story is written elsewhere on this website. On January 5th I quit my protest, I hadn't even left San Diego County at that point. 

October 27th 2023, The People of the State of California filed a misdemeanor criminal charge against me for AC8.25.010 Sleeping In Public

November 12th 2023, I disobey the orders of the DA office of Stephanie A Bridgett demanding I schedule an appearance date to plead my innocence (I would have been required to appear before the end of the year). Ridiculous. Not Guilty of Sleeping Your Honor. Absolutely ridiculous. Not gonna happen. 


No comments: