Eklektek is a writing repository relevant for both the diversity of the intended subjects and themes, and the philosophical aspect of thought independent of belonging. Ek is abbr for kenetic Energy; Energy stored in motion. The term lek is a type of animal mating behavior that creates a paradox within Darwinian theory... a contradiction within the "Fisherian Runaway" hypothesis explaining, among other things, the extra-ornate plumages of birds. The etymology of lek in this context is from a Swedish noun denoting pleasurable, less rule-bound games and activities, something akin to 'play'. In other fun: Logic. The smallest logic satisfying all conditions is K. Iff you enjoy weird mixed metaphors and non-sequitur then you are in the right place. Lastly, the letter K is thought to have originated from a hieroglyph of a hand, which must be found apropos to the art of writing.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Bucket List

Yi: Run into a university classroom while in session (preferrably philosophy)... and yell,"Lies, its all lies!" and then run out.

Er: Stop smo... Holy Crap, it almost killed me as I was writing it... I laid a cigarette on a lighter because I didn't have an ashtray. So while I was about to type 'stop smoking' the lighter fucking blew up!
Uhmmm, yeah, so #Soong: Stop smoking... or at least switch to matches.
*Almost accomplished, I haven't smoked in a long time, but they say you never really quit.
*Damn it, started again.
*Ok, its all good now, been quite awhile now... about 5 years.
*Two packs during the middle of Covid.




San: Pilot my own aircraft (Hot air balloons and hang-gliders count). On a side note, skydiving and bungie jumping should be in here too.

Si: Learn a foreign language (pig-latin and sign language don't count).
*Started Japanese. Nope. Ie.
*Started Chinese. Nope.
*Started Thai... Maybe...

Wu: Learn a martial art.
*Sorta know Tai Chi
*never practiced enough... next...?

Liu: Learn a musical instrument... as I am a realist about my musical ability, I must allow the xylophone and cowbell to count
*I have begun self-taught guitar lessons
*didn't make it... next musical instrument...?

Why do I want to learn all this stuff before I die? Playing the xylophone (or guitar) isn't necessary to my survival, and when I die, everything I learned will die with me... Uh-oh, is this a prelude to a desire for children? Oh-crap... How old am I? But even if I have children and teach them what I know, then they will soon die, and even if they teach their children, then they will die and so on and so on... but maybe its not the knowledge, maybe its the Experiences...
Is the universe infinite? and is knowledge infinite? and is experience infinite? Is there a collective consciousness? Is knowledge gained and experience felt? The difference being that of prose to poetry - or the logical to the imaginative... Death is the ultimate motivator isn't it? All these rhetorical questions and nobody here to answer them... hmmm... Is Life infinite? It is a big assumption but I don't know how it couldn't be. If energy can be neither created nor destroyed, and since Life is only an arrangement of energy created of chaos...

Ha, I should run into a philosophy classroom and spout off this junk. There is just too much infinity to ever get a definite answer. If I had my way there would be much less infinity in the world. And I guess that is exactly what Death does; creates finity in infinity. Say that 5 times fast.

Qi: Stop thinking so much (A couple of magic mushrooms would give me all the answers; too bad they make people go skitzo).

Ba: Visit every country in the world at least once. Some deserve a revisit. I hope I live long enough. Specific areas/places on this list (that I haven't done yet) would have to include Machu Picchu, the Pyramids, Potala Palace, Papahānaumokuākea (Hawaii), Victoria & Iguazu Falls, Galapagos Islands, Angkor Wat, Panama Canal, Ngorongoro & Serengeti, ... I will think of more I'm sure.

Jyu: Climb some mountains. To do: Andes, and the Alps... might as well add Kiliminjaro to the list so that I cover all the contenients. New Zealand too. And Ayers rock.
*Rockies, Cascades, McKinnley, Tai Shan & Huang Shan, and one in the Himilayas

Sieb-Ed: This isn't as dramatic as climbing the Alps, but its been bugging me. I want to NOT tip a barber. Sounds simple enough but for the whole 10-15 minutes I sit in that chair with the snipping and buzzing all I am thinking about is "will I like the haircut?"... Personally I can't decide if it was a good haircut for at least an hour or two. The dilemma is that I don't want to decide it was a good haircut and not have tipped and then want to go back next time. On the other hand, I hate tipping and then deciding it was terrible and I am never going back anyway... hmmm; I guess I could go to a place I know gives bad cuts and then not tip, but I would still have to pay. That isn't the best idea I've ever had.
*Done, wasn't that hard really, even went back a couple times... and tipped.

Sieb-Soong: Invent something useful and actually build it; i need to work on the 'doing' side of things. *electric vehicle applications seem to be promising. Yup. Done.

Sieb-Saam: Witness the Aurora Borealis and complete solar eclipse
*Alaska here I come, but I might not get there before Aug 21 2017...
*Damn it, missed the eclipse.
*April 8th, 2024... Mazatlan...

Sib-See: I'd also like to go sport fishing. Or big game hunting. I think I'd rather go fishing.
*Nope. naaa-ope. I should have chosen big game hunting... but my fishing experience taught me that I don't want to go with a group, I want a challenge, danger, me vs. nature, not the crass joy of just killing easily... I want to feel the respect and honor I would give to a defeated opponent whom at least had a chance of winning, of killing me. All I caught were a few rock fish that took all of one hand to reel in... I had pictured swordfish, barracuda, or at least a yellowtail that would give me a fight. Also, I should have chosen big game because it would be extremely difficult to get sea-sick hunting elk or bear... and when i do go, it will be with a bow.

Sib-Ha: BurningMan
*Yeas!

Sieb-Hok: Learn an Irish Drinking Song

Sieb-Jet: Learn to Play Go

2 comments:

Neema said...

You are very Funny. Interesting how many people's blogs are subtitled - rumblings/rants/ vents etc...(my boy friend's too) see www.bulletsandhoney.blogspot.com
Found your blog by clicking on "next blog" upper right hand corner of a friend's.
I like your expressions. I like the mosquito story...
When I go out and the sun is blazing, I always say the sun is out with her kids and the whole family is out to party... I am kenyan and the mosquitoes there are terrible.
Hey check out my blog at www.uhurunihaki.blogspot.com and buy my BBC film at www.ecomicthinking.org

Cheers
June

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

You write some good shit on here. I'll start reading this stuff, next thing I know 2 hours have passed. It's a good pass time. You're an admirable guy, seeing the world and everything. Same with Greg, living down in Mexico, escaping the small town suction. You could write for Rolling Stone if you were so inclined. Anyway, write on.