Eklektek is a writing repository relevant for both the diversity of the intended subjects and themes, and the philosophical aspect of thought independent of belonging. Ek is abbr for kenetic Energy; Energy stored in motion. The term lek is a type of animal mating behavior that creates a paradox within Darwinian theory... a contradiction within the "Fisherian Runaway" hypothesis explaining, among other things, the extra-ornate plumages of birds. The etymology of lek in this context is from a Swedish noun denoting pleasurable, less rule-bound games and activities, something akin to 'play'. In other fun: Logic. The smallest logic satisfying all conditions is K. Iff you enjoy weird mixed metaphors and non-sequitur then you are in the right place. Lastly, the letter K is thought to have originated from a hieroglyph of a hand, which must be found apropos to the art of writing.

Monday, February 14, 2005

The Storms are My Own Doing

It is Valentine's day, so a poem is in order... 

Of things I had and did not know 

I had a home that lay under a bright blue sky
above a big blue sea. 
I had a home and it had a roof that kept me dry when it rained. 
bleach white walls that kept out the wind. 
wood for the fireplace… that kept me warm. 
A kitchen with bread and butter garden vegetables… 
food that sizzled and popped when cooked and it kept me from hunger. 
There was a soft feather bed 
it was so soft. 

and when I left… 
I had shoes that kept me safe from broken glass and sharp rocks. 
the kind of rocks upon which the sea lashes with rage. 
its fury its frothy waves its stormy loathing. 

 And when the storm ended? 
I had eyes for the rainbows after such storms. 
for the calm ripples, rolling sand. for the diamond sprinkled water. 
for the morning light through magenta clouds 
for all the things that were meant only for you and me. 

 And now? All I have now is a tongue… 
to tell of the things I had and did not know. 
and to taste the air, 
a salty tear.

No comments: