Eklektek is a writing repository relevant for both the diversity of the intended subjects and themes, and the philosophical aspect of thought independent of belonging. Ek is abbr for kenetic Energy; Energy stored in motion. The term lek is a type of animal mating behavior that creates a paradox within Darwinian theory... a contradiction within the "Fisherian Runaway" hypothesis explaining, among other things, the extra-ornate plumages of birds. The etymology of lek in this context is from a Swedish noun denoting pleasurable, less rule-bound games and activities, something akin to 'play'. In other fun: Logic. The smallest logic satisfying all conditions is K. Iff you enjoy weird mixed metaphors and non-sequitur then you are in the right place. Lastly, the letter K is thought to have originated from a hieroglyph of a hand, which must be found apropos to the art of writing.

Saturday, September 22, 2018

I Sit, on the Beach, with Bruno

Writing in my journal.

A woman walks up with her dogs.
“Is he a Ridgeback?”, she asks.
I look up at her,
and to her three well groomed Ridgebacks.
I say, “No, Bull Mastiff”.
“Oh, he looks just like a Ridgeback”.

She clearly wants to talk about Ridgebacks.

“Well, that’s because Ridgebacks get their coloring from the Bull Mastiff”
“No, they are bred from English Mastiff”.

I look at her with an expression.
My thoughts must have shown quite clearly. 

I say, referring to Bruno, “That would explain why he looks just like them then”.
She pauses, and scowls, and then declares, 
“I’ve had Ridgebacks for 25 years.”

I hold her stare, “I’ve had Bruno for 10”.
She gets visibly agitated.

She points to one of her dogs proclaiming, “This one was going to be a show dog...
but he was too small”.
I stare at her, not unkindly.

She takes her dogs and walks away.
I return to my journal.

No comments: