Eklektek is a writing repository relevant for both the diversity of the intended subjects and themes, and the philosophical aspect of thought independent of belonging. Ek is abbr for kenetic Energy; Energy stored in motion. The term lek is a type of animal mating behavior that creates a paradox within Darwinian theory... a contradiction within the "Fisherian Runaway" hypothesis explaining, among other things, the extra-ornate plumages of birds. The etymology of lek in this context is from a Swedish noun denoting pleasurable, less rule-bound games and activities, something akin to 'play'. In other fun: Logic. The smallest logic satisfying all conditions is K. Iff you enjoy weird mixed metaphors and non-sequitur then you are in the right place. Lastly, the letter K is thought to have originated from a hieroglyph of a hand, which must be found apropos to the art of writing.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Dismaland

I went to Disneyland. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not ashamed either. And despite my best efforts I actually had fun. I used to have numerous blogs with numerous purposes yet without any porpoises, but, numerous nonetheless. Now I shall have this one with all my pictures imported from the others and, at the very least, one porpoise. And here it is....



Oh, right, the stories about dland. I went there really hungover and was quite sure I would end up spewing... so, figured the 'tower of terror' sounded like a good place to do it. My first 5minutes began with swirly lights in a claustraphobic room, then everyone sat down in an 'elevator' and started the upward journey. At that point I began looking for an descreet corner. Then the elevator stopped at the top floor. All I can say after that is; I learned when I am truly scared I scream like a little girl, and that adrenaline will cure even the worst hangover. As I walked out the exit discussing which person behind us could have possibly screamed at such a high pitch (me faking that the scream actually hurt my hangover headache) I felt 90% fine... even bought myself a goofy hat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! You look excited to be there!!

-Greg

Eklektek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.